Here for You supports customers both employed and unemployed with job search activities and employability skills including the provision of accredited training.
Activities include assisting customers with getting an up to date CV, accessing a computer for jobsearching, making benefit claims, completing application forms, interview and confidence building training, basic online computer skills and technology support for using different devices and platforms for jobsearching.
The scheme came into existence in January 2013 as a result of the closure of an other local provider and the void in service provision for Berwick that there absence left.
Funding was secured via DWP Flexible Support Fund in Oct 2013 for the job searching support activity for an initial 6 month period and again for 1 year in Oct 2014. In July 2016 a further 1 Year funding has been granted to allow this valuable service to continue.
In June 2014 Here for You was awarded runner up in the Outstanding Project of the Year Award whilst in 2013 it was awarded the Innovation Award both by the Berwick Voluntary Forum
- Registered UK Online centre offering online basics training
- Supporting customers in job searching, CV writing, interview techniques, confidence building and making benefit claim
- Access to PC’s and Internet for Job related activities
- One-One budgeting support available to everyone, to offer support with identifying how and where to save money and save for those special occasions.
- Help reducing your monthly utility bills, how to use Uswitch or other comparision sites to get you a good deal on internet, gas, electricity and even your car insurance.
Short Accredited Courses in partnership with NOCN/One Awards including:
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Customer Service
Here for You continues to grow from strength to strength and as well as unemployed customers they have also supported customers through redundancies at Seton Hall in 2015 as well as supporting employees from Jus Rol through 2016.
The service is completely free of charge and available to everyone.
Following on from the work we started in conjunction with Four Housing, Becci at Here for you will be working within local communities to deliver and look at helping with employability and confidence building skills. Workshops and Information sessions will be held at various locations for residents to come along and find out what support is on offer.
Salvation Army Work
Here for you is also working alongside the Salvation Army and with funding from them we will be offering our Accredited Level 1 Customer Service course to unemployed people. Spaces on the course will be limited and aiming to start around September 2017
Outcomes to date:
- 1088 registrations since Jan 2013
- 648 job outcomes since Jan 2013
- 725 attended appointments so far in 2017
- 1239 attended appointments in 2016
- 1655 attended appointments in 2015
- 1569 attended appointments in 2014 and 1286 in 2013