Here for You supports customers both employed and unemployed with job search activities and employability skills including the provision of accredited training.
Activities include assisting customers with getting an up to date CV, accessing a computer for jobsearching, making benefit claims, completing application forms, interview and confidence building training, basic online computer skills and technology support for using different devices and platforms for jobsearching.
The scheme came into existence in January 2013 as a result of the closure of an other local provider and the void in service provision for Berwick that there absence left.
Funding was secured via DWP Flexible Support Fund in Oct 2013 for the job searching support activity, this continued over various periods through until late 2017. Funding was then obtained in Apr 2018 from Bernicia’s Community Grant Fund to allow the great work offered by Here for You to Continue.
In June 2014 Here for You was awarded runner up in the Outstanding Project of the Year Award whilst in 2013 it was awarded the Innovation Award both by the Berwick Voluntary Forum
- Registered UK Online centre offering online basics training, for both PCs and mobile technology.
- Assisting in online benefit claims including Universal Credit, how to create and manage these accounts to meet JC+ expectations.
- Supporting customers in job searching, CV writing, interview techniques and confidence building.
- Assisting and supporting customers with creating and using of email accounts and find a job accounts.
- Access to PC’s and Internet for Job related activities.
- One-One budgeting support available to everyone, to offer support with identifying how and where to save money and save for those special occasions.
- Help reducing your monthly utility bills, how to use U-switch or other comparison sites to get you a good deal on internet, gas, electricity and even your car insurance.
Short Accredited Courses in partnership with NOCN/One Awards including:
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Customer Service
Here for You continues to grow from strength to strength and as well as unemployed customers they have also supported customers through redundancies at Seton Hall in 2015 as well as supporting employees from Jus Rol through 2016.
The service is completely free of charge and available to everyone.
Salvation Army Work
Here for you is also working alongside the Salvation Army and with funding from them we will be offering our Accredited Level 1 Customer Service course to unemployed people. Spaces on the course will be limited and aiming to start around September 2017
Outcomes to date:
- 1154 registrations since Jan 2013
- 644 job outcomes since Jan 2013
- 415 attended appointments so far in 2018
- 831 attended appointments in 2017
- 1243 attended appointments in 2016
- 1548 attended appointments in 2015
- 1635 attended appointments in 2014 and 1114 in 2013