Facilities & Administration Assistant
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to help us run our home and base, the William Elder Building. Duties will include dealing with customers and bookings, providing reception services and a range of general administration and office duties in support of the Trust’s services and projects.
25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. To be worked between 9AM and 3PM. Flexible arrangements may be possible.
Duties and key result areas:
1. Support the operation of the William Elder Building through taking and managing bookings and dealing with clients by email and phone.
2. Prepare meeting rooms ensuring furniture and refreshments are available as booked.
3. Assist colleagues in coordinating building maintenance activities and implementing agreed Health & Safety systems.
4. Receive telephone calls and visitors, take messages and answer enquiries.
5. Support service delivery through gathering and processing feedback, responding to clients concerns and providing a high quality of customer service.
6. Provide general office services such as photocopying, printing, collation and laminating.
7. Prepare and present a range of documents such as reports, correspondence and emails to an agreed standard.
8. Assist colleagues in the production and display of promotional materials including the development of content.
9. Support colleagues in managing the Trust’s finances including sharing booking information and processing petty cash.
10. Operate general office equipment and maintain stocks of consumables, booking deliveries and service calls to ensure continuity of service.
11. Maintain information systems including databases, spreadsheets, paper files, client or asset records and booking systems ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and access.
12. Deal with incoming and outgoing post.
13. Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
14. Support Project staff in the administration of Trust projects.
15. Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
Candidates must have GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C in English and Maths. Higher qualifications and a qualification in ITC are desirable. The successful candidate will have good communication skills, be able to work independently and have a basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and email. Some experience in a customer service environment is essential and experience of either office work or facilities management would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to move furniture and set up meeting rooms.
Closing date is 5pm on the 19th June 2018 and interviews will be held in the week of the 25th June 2018.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.00 /hour
We are always looking for help with a number of short term projects. Opportunities exist for individuals who can work part or full time, on either a self employed or short contract basis. We are particularly keen to hear from recent graduates looking to build experience.
We are also seeking to build relationships with self employed Project Managers who can help us as and when required. If you have flexibility and can manage your own work to achieve agreed outputs we would be delighted to discuss how you can help us.
Please ring the office to discuss or email us with your details at email@example.com.