Here for You supports customers who are both employed and unemployed with job search activities, technology support and employability skills including the provision of accredited training.
Activities include assisting customers with getting an up to date CV, accessing a computer for jobsearching, making benefit claims, completing application forms, interview and confidence building training, basic online computer skills and technology support for using different devices and platforms for jobsearching.
|Here For You Opening Hours
N.B We are closed on Bank Holidays
|Monday||9.30am - 12.00pm
1.00pm - 4.00pm
|Tuesday||By Appointment Only|
|Wednesday||By Appointment Only|
|Thursday||9.30am - 12.00pm
1.00pm - 4.00pm
|Friday||9.30am - 12.00pm
1.00pm - 4.00pm
The scheme came into existence in January 2013 as a result of the closure of an other local provider and the void in service provision for Berwick that there absence left.
Here for You has received funding for operational costs through various charitable organisations over the years including The Community Foundation and the Salvation Army. Funding was also secured from DWP in 2013 through to 2016 and more recently via Bernicia’s Community Grant Fund Scheme. Here for You is always on the lookout for donors to fund its Charitable work in the community to sustain the support, advice and training services it delivers.
In June 2014 Here for You was awarded runner up in the Outstanding Project of the Year Award whilst in 2013 it was awarded the Innovation Award both by the Berwick Voluntary Forum
- Registered UK Online centre offering online basics training, for both PCs and mobile technology.
- Assisting in online benefit claims including Universal Credit, how to create and manage these accounts to meet JC+ expectations.
- Supporting customers in job searching, CV writing, interview techniques and confidence building.
- Assisting and supporting customers with creating and using of email accounts and find a job accounts.
- Access to PC’s and Internet for Job related activities.
- One-One budgeting support available to everyone, to offer support with identifying how and where to save money and save for those special occasions.
- Help reducing your monthly utility bills, how to use U-switch or other comparison sites to get you a good deal on internet, gas, electricity and even your car insurance.
Short Accredited Courses in partnership with NOCN/One Awards including:
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Customer Service
Here for You continues to grow from strength to strength and as well as unemployed customers they have also supported customers through redundancies at Seton Hall in 2015 as well as supporting employees from Jus Rol through 2016.
The service is completely free of charge and available to everyone within the community.
Berwick upon Tweed Welcome Visitor Project
Here for you is also working alongside the Berwick upon Tweed Welcome Visitor Project and with funding from them they will be offering an Accredited Level 1 Customer Service course to develop skills of people in the community and to enhance job prospects for those who complete. Spaces on the course are limited, get in touch if you would like to be included to a cohort.
Outcomes to date:
- 1507 registrations since Jan 2013
- 755 total job outcomes since Jan 2013
- 727 attended appointments so far in 2019
- 793 attended appointments in 2018
- 831 attended appointments in 2017
- 1243 attended appointments in 2016
- 1548 attended appointments in 2015
- 1635 attended appointments in 2014 and 1114 in 2013