Here for You service is now reopen primarily operated on a telephone and email basis only, however for exceptional circumstances, you can book an appoinemnt to come in and see us, if an appointment over the telephone is not suitable. You must have an appointment, drop in is not available as soical distancing guidelines are still in place in the William Elder Building.
Here for You supports customers who are both employed and unemployed with job search activities, technology support and employability skills including the provision of accredited training.
Activities include assisting customers with getting an up to date CV, accessing a computer for jobsearching, making benefit claims, completing application forms, interview and confidence building training, basic online computer skills and technology support for using different devices and platforms for jobsearching.
If you would like us to look at your current CV and/or Covering Letter then please attach them one at a time belowusing the select file option, type your message then upload file and we will look at them and get back to you as soon as possible.
Upload CV or Covering Letter
|Here For You Opening Hours ( Appointment only)
|Monday||9:15am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday ||9:15am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:15am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||9:15am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||9:15am - 4:30pm|
The scheme came into existence in January 2013 as a result of the closure of an other local provider and the void in service provision for Berwick that there absence left.
Here for You has received funding for operational costs through various charitable organisations over the years including The Community Foundation and the Salvation Army. Funding was also secured from DWP in 2013 through to 2016 and more recently via Bernicia’s Community Grant Fund Scheme. Here for You is always on the lookout for donors to fund its Charitable work in the community to sustain the support, advice and training services it delivers.
In June 2014 Here for You was awarded runner up in the Outstanding Project of the Year Award whilst in 2013 it was awarded the Innovation Award both by the Berwick Voluntary Forum
- Registered UK Online centre offering online basics training, for both PCs and mobile technology.
- Assisting in online benefit claims including Universal Credit, how to create and manage these accounts to meet JC+ expectations.
- Supporting customers in job searching, CV writing, interview techniques and confidence building.
- Assisting and supporting customers with creating and using of email accounts and find a job accounts.
- Access to PC’s and Internet for Job related activities.
- One-One budgeting support available to everyone, to offer support with identifying how and where to save money and save for those special occasions.
- Help reducing your monthly utility bills, how to use U-switch or other comparison sites to get you a good deal on internet, gas, electricity and even your car insurance.
Here for You continues to grow from strength to strength and as well as unemployed customers they have also supported customers through redundancies at Seton Hall in 2015 as well as supporting employees from Jus Rol through 2016.
The service is completely free of charge and available to everyone within the community.
Outcomes to date:
|Service Registrations||Job Outcomes|
You can now donate to our services online via Local giving, either a one off donation or you can set up a monthly donation. Please leave a comment with your donation if you require funds to be allocated to Here for You. This will enable us to keep this vital service available to everyone in our community.